Behaviour and Personal Conduct must at all times be of a high standard and reflect favourably on the sport, and the Club. Language in public or relevant group situations must always be appropriate and socially acceptable.
Consumption of Alcohol is totally forbidden for athletes under age as defined by UK law. It must not be consumed by swimmers or staff members whilst en route, prior to, or following a competition event, training camp or team activities, without specific consent of the Team Manager. During competition alcohol is strictly forbidden to all swimmers and staff.
Smoking: is prohibited by swimmers and staff whilst en route, prior to, during or following a competition event, training session or team activities.
Personal Appearance: shall be appropriate to the circumstances and as indicated by the Team Manager. Team kit and equipment shall be worn as directed by the Team Manager when competing and training, when assembling or travelling, at official team functions or on other occasions as notified.
Attendance at all activities is expected unless agreed by the Team Manager. Throughout the duration of the trip swimmers should inform staff of their whereabouts. Punctuality on all occasions is essential and any curfew must be observed.
Illegal and Performance Enhancing Drugs and Substances are strictly forbidden. Swimmers are expected to be aware of the current list of banned substances and particular care must be exercised if anyone is on medication prior to or during a meet.
Illegal Drugs and Substances: The use of these, even though they may not appear on the official banned list in respect of performance enhancing drugs, is nonetheless prohibited.
Accommodation at hotels or equivalent must be as directed by the club staff and at no times must anyone extra be accommodated in swimmers’ rooms.
Medication: It is important that information on all medication being currently taken should be reported to the Team Manager who will report it to the relevant personnel. Allergies to any medication must be reported to the Team Manager.
Sanctions: Breaches of the Code of Conduct shall be dealt with in the first instance by the Team Manager or Coach. He/she shall report the incident to the Secretary of the club who shall take such further action as is deemed necessary In addition it is expected that all members of the Beau Sejour Barracudas Swimming Club, when attending any event or training session shall:
• Comply with the codes, rules and laws within the guidelines set out by the ASA
• Behave without discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, language, religion, birth or social status as set out in the equal opportunities policy.
• Respect the basic human rights, worth and dignity of each member.
• Not encourage swimmers, volunteers, officials or parents to violate the rules of the club or the sport.
• Observe the authority and the decisions of all officials.
• Encourage all swimmers to obey the spirit of the rules and laws both in and out of the pool.
• Treat other competitors and teams with respect, in victory and defeat.